January 29th, 2016
Once upon a time I worked on an apple orchard in Minnesota and it was dreamy. Minnesota in the fall can be hot, freezing and brilliantly colored. If Eve was faced with a Minnesota apple tree, then by God I understand! The apples that grow in MN are nothing short of heavenly. To have the opportunity to pluck one off a tree lit up by morning light still covered in dew … a blessing.
Minnetonka Orchards has music on the weekends during the fall. We were frequently graced with the presence of Matt Muller who would brave any weather condition and still sing with a beautiful smile. I told Matt about seven years ago that I would help him with a website. Life has given me a ride including divorce and a beautiful child in the past seven years. I kinda figured he would have found someone else in that span to help. He did not, so … the time has come to hold true on my word! Better late then never.
Matt Muller is a wonderfully talented songwriter and musician. Have a listen! I’m sure most of you will enjoy. The title, “Songs for Mayonnaise and Grapes” is for his daughter Millie and his mother. When his daughter was a toddler and would say Millie and Grams it sounded like, ‘Mayonnaise and Grapes’. The picture of the goats I took at the Orchard.
Millie’s Lullaby is a great acoustic only tune that would be wonderful for a morning yoga workout. Download Magic Rocks for FREE!
August 21st, 2015
As I write this post Amazons Top 10 best selling books include two adult coloring books! Grown-ups are coloring, MILLIONS of grown-ups are coloring!
WHY? Well, there are a number of reasons:
- Coloring is fun! Plain and simple. If you enjoyed coloring as a kid you’ll probably enjoy it more as an adult. As an adult we the really nice coloring books with thick paper not the brown newsprint stuff. We also get to buy some really nice coloring tools such as pastel pencils, gel pens and professional artist markers. As an adult it’s unlikely you are going to color with crayons. Although crayons are great, their precision and coverage is not ideal for adult coloring books.
- PEACE & QUITE! Now this may only occur in your mind but that is the most important place. Whether you color in a busy coffee shop or in little spurts on a counter top while children fantastically demolish your house inch by inch! PEACE & QUITE! Once you start coloring you quickly focus on staying in the lines, the shading, the next area you want to color, the next color you want to loose. Even if just for a moment your thoughts are all tuned into the joyful and beautiful act of coloring. If you want to get technical it can be called a meditation alternative, mindfulness, therapy … and so forth. I call it fun, intentional enjoyment of life … PLAYING!
- COLORS! Who doesn’t need a little brightening in their life. Wayne Dyer and the Dalai Llama may be all good but the rest of us could occasionally or regularly use some cheering up! There are all different kinds of studies that show the relationship of colors to different feelings, moods and chakras. Feel free to look into and learn all about it :) Plain and simple, colors can cheer you up and calm you down. Colors are inspiring and one of life’s beautiful gifts. Everyone is the artist of their own life and we are all creative in some form. Coloring is a good stress free way to let your creative side play.
- UNPLUG! I’d kinda of like to emphasize that with a swear word or two but I will refrain :) No electronic screens needed, unless your making a background music selection. It feels good to hold real writing and coloring tools in your hand and not a mouse of some sort. I do enjoy TV, movies, facebook, websites, etc. I’m not saying they are bad because they can be wonderfully enjoyable. Everything in moderation.
- Gratification! I have a toddler, it’s hard to complete any and everything! It feels good to complete a small beautiful piece of artwork that I did.
So, if it sounds good, give it a try for less then $1! Here are some instant download print at home coloring pages from the Heart & Sol collection. Use code: LOVELY at checkout and receive 33% off your order.
Use code: LOVELY at checkout and receive 33% off your order.
July 9th, 2015
CAUTION Foul language used and will cause laughter and smirking during meditation!
If any of the following pertain to you, this may be the moment of peace you need to become a rockstar!
- Have a not so pleasant job?
- Have a not so pleasant boss?
- Have a no so pleasant relationship?
- Having a bad hour / day / week / month / year?
- Any legal or debt trouble?
I believe George Carlin would have approve this meditation guide! There are plenty of us who want peace in our lives. For some of us swearing with the lovely sound of “Fuck” and other stress / pressure lifting words helps the peace. Don’t try and be too nice, you might spontaneously explode. Be honest and that means sometimes saying, “Fuck that shit” cause some shit is complete bullshit. It is not a peaceful dove flying over a calm stream, it’s bullshit. Aknowledge it, feel it, figure out how to remove it from your life, learn from it and then move on. Accepting all that comes with life does not have to mean ignoring or smiling while smelling shit. :)
Have a fucking wonderful day! I think you are fabulous and fucking beautiful!
February 6th, 2015
I’m not really a Dodge girl, always been more of a Ford or Chevy type. Motherhood has landed me in a Subaru for the moment and that’s ok. After many years in advertising and marketing I have a love not love relationship with it. However, sometimes Ads are brilliant and I allow myself to accept and love that. A truly great ad can hit the soul and make you smile so hard you think, damn maybe I’ll buy a Dodge just because I love that ad so much!
Good job and Thank you Dodge … and by Dodge I mean whatever creative team came up and executed this brilliant commercial. Truly, I’ve watched the ad a dozen times and smiled every time. If you haven’t seen it yet, I hope it puts a smile on your face and a spark in your step. Life is a miracle especially 100 years of it.
July 2nd, 2014
Words of wisdom to live by and share. Don’t be afraid to rise even if those around you are not. Be the light!